- LATEST NEWS
- TECH TALK
- ABOUT US
FC3 55 feet
An Australian sailor ordered from us a draft project of his future 55 feet sailing yacht. His request is a boat that is easy, comfortable and fast, with a very good communication between the saloon/galley area and the cockpit.
The key points of our project are :
- More speed and less strain, thanks to the light displacement, derived from our experience in the Vendee Globe's IMOCA class.
- Deep draft (3.90m) for performance, reduced (to 1.70m) by pivoting the keel, for access to the protected moorings. Clever hydraulic system, so that grounding is a nightmare from the past.
- Generous view and natural lighting. Natural ventilation.
- Longitudinal tender garage under the cockpit.
- Saloon and galley separated from the cockpit by a mostly transparent wall, with only a 830mm vertical offset.
- Extremely easy and safe to sail single- or double-handed, while remaining comfortable for more.
- 4 watertight bulkheads, crash-bow and easy access to the liferaft.
- Full carbon mast, boom and rigging, no backstay, no runners.
- Large technical compartment under the cockpit.
Thanks to the backstay-less rig, the mast carries a square top mainsail.
Upwind sail area : 172m2
The carbon mast is stepped rather aft to better balance the area of the mainsail and genoa. This also gives the mainsail a better aspect ratio.
The composite lifting keel weighs 3.05 tonnes.
|Lightship displacement||10 à 11t|
|Staysail on stocker||45m2|
|Gennaker / code 5||150m2|
|Fresh water tanks||630l|
|Black water tanks||3*60l|